Aug 10, 2014

Coherence: Simple Sci-fi That Would Makes Your Heart Pounds

That's quite a long title for a blog post.
But, it's pretty much what I wanna say.

Coherence.



A simple sci-fi movie that makes your heart really pounds the whole time.
This is an indie low-budget movie, but the story just so good.
They said, James Ward Byrkit (the director) only have 5 days and no script when make this. but I say, no freaking way. I mean, you got to be think a lot when making a movie like this. The story itself was about a comet anomaly that happened in a night when the comet fell to the Earth. And you just gotta know who your friends really are.


Everything was so simple like the sets and the shots, but you just get the suspense. The actors are great. I didn't spot any famous face here, but I didn't mind. They were great! The strenght of this movie was the story, and the theory that supported the anomaly that happened in that movie. It was just so powerful.


It's like, watching a lighter version of Donnie Darko.

But, I kinda don't like the ending. I mean, you built the story, the theory and the suspense. And when we reached an anti-climacs, Byrkit gave an open ending. So hate it. I mean, I want everything to be solved! Don't leave me hanging, please.

Despite the ending, I'm gonna give Coherence 4.5 out of 5. I just love this movie very much. You really should watch it if you miss a movie kinda like Donnie Darko.


I just really love this version of Coherence's poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment