Mar 6, 2014

The Secret World Of Arrietty



I’ve always been a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki since Spirited Away became a hit. He always thinks outside the box and his animation movies are unique and I don’t know I just love it eventhough most of them are strange and very imaginative. The Secret World of Arrietty probably  the most “normal” movie among any Miyazaki's movies. Well not really “normal” but anyone could sit through the movie until the end. It even made the top list of my Miyazaki’s favorite movies. I’ve seen quite a few movies with an idea like this, but to me, Miyazaki’s is the most lovely, heart-warming and awesome movie with this kind of idea.




Every Miyazaki’s movie always left something to its viewers. Although, he only wrote this movie's screenplay but still a deep message secretly told through his animations. Eventhough it’s always presented in a strangely kinda way but you always have something to remember after watching it. So was The Secret World of Arrietty, it secretly left a deep message to the viewers without forcing it. It’s just lovely because kids these days need to watch this kind of animation movie.




The strong-willing of the main protagonist is the most powerful thing this movie had. I really love Arrietty’s character. She was willing to learn anything new, she struggled and tried hard to protect her family and she was pretty courageous. This is one of a hell protagonist because her body size is little and she was willing to do everything to protect her family. I also love her chemistry and Sho, it’s confusing althought you really wish they could be together no matter their how big and how small they were.




So, I give The Secret World Of Arrierty 4.5 out of 5! I really wish Miyazaki could make any other great animation movies, because as a fan I feel loss when he announced that he’s retiring after his latest movie, The Wind Rises. It means, he’s retiring now because it’s already released. No matter where you are, you’ll always be loved, Hayao Miyazaki. Thank you for making those imaginations came true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment