Mar 4, 2014

Three Dysfunctional Brothers & A Spiritual Journey



How many times I told you that I’m a big fan of Wes Anderson and The Darjeeling Limited only makes me love him more and more. Set in India, three dysfunctional brothers tried to have a spiritual journey to meet their mother. As usual, the characters are very unique. They have unsual characteristic that would make you chuckle because it wouldn’t happen in real life. Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman succeed brought the life out of those brothers. They really won my heart because they were so lovable.




The cinematography and mise en scene is very typical Wes Anderson. Something that really caught my eyes on is the luggages those brothers have. It was cute and very important props. Apparently, those luggages designed by Louis Vuitton. Well no wonder it had everyone eyes on, it was so cathcy yet so bizarre. Really looked like designer bags because the design was unique and I've never see one like that before. I'd kill to have those bags! seriously. Wes Anderson also always coddled my eyes through his cinematography. Through Wes’ cinematography India could looked majesticly beautiful. Every color he used in his movie is in harmony. It just naturally fit the screen and you’ll just love it.




So, I give this movie 4 out of 5. I just love Wes very much. I might not be able to rate his movie below 3, because he always gave the best in his movies. At least, if you didn’t like the story, you’d just love his shots and his sets & props. Yeah, those are the things Wes best at.

No comments:

Post a Comment