Mar 3, 2014

Oscar Babble



First I want to say Congratulations!!!! For all the Oscar Winners. Eventhough, sometimes I don’t agree with The Academy, but I know they will choose the best out of those film makers and actors in Hollywood. It is sad, because I don’t have a cable at home, so I can’t watch Academy Awards live. But, thanks to technology, I now could read the live-tweet from those my favorite twitter accounts. So far my favorites are @Forbes @IMDb @HuffingtonPost @Eonline and @Woodstock. They were live-tweeting the Oscars! So I know the results and what was happening there. Also big thanks to my friend Arina Karen cause we were live-chatting about Oscar and talked about how super hot Benedict Cumberbatch was. #Cumberbitches.

I’m gonna blab about The Oscar Winners now.

The first one I knew was Best Supporting Actor this year is Jared Leto! I knew it! My prediction is right. You might have read my review about Dallas Buyers Club. Jared Leto did a super duper great job portraying a drag queen after a long hiatus from the wide screen. He indeed deserves an Oscar for that!


And don’t forget about his mate in Dallas Buyers Club, Matthew Mcconaughey also won the Best Actor! Ugh, I kinda love-hate it. I rooted for Leo DiCaprio big time, you know. Because he really deserves an Oscar, he starred in so many good movies but he never won one. He also only nominated for like 3 times. It is sad Leo didn’t bring the Oscar home but it’s also hard to envy Matthew. He did a great job portraying a struggled hustler who tried to change the world. So I’m gonna say… Matthew, you deserve the oscars. And Leo, people in the internet won’t die in peace if you haven’t won the Oscar. At some point, you will!


Lupita Nyong’o brought the Oscar home for Best Supporting Actress. She played Patsey in 12 Years A Slave. Honestly, I haven’t done with 12 Years A Slave. I keep it pause for weeks. I was bored because the movie was really slow and 2 hours long. But I caught Lupita a glimpse. She was pretty good though. I never heard Lupita’s name before now she won both Golden Globe and Oscar. That’s something! I really love her, though. She’s not that beautiful like other African-American actress like Hale Berry but somehow she managed herself beautiful. She showed up in red carpets wearing dazzling dresses and you just know that she’s super stunning! She really got class!


For the Best Actress we have Cate Blanchett! Congratulations! I knew you’d win! Although I rooted for Sandy Bullock but I think one Oscar is enough, right? Cate’s performance in Blue Jasmine was enchanting. Portraying a socialite who went bankrupt and tried to struggle with her new life was hard. Since the main conflict was within her. I gotta say Cate did a really good job. She also inspires so many women out there that eventhough you are down, at least you have to dress nicely, because good thing will happen:)


Frozen won two Oscars for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song. I knew this would happen. Nobody rejects it. Everyone agrees that Frozen is the best animated film last year! It brought back Disney gold era. It has every Disney formula to make a good animated film. The lovely protagonist, the witty sidekick and bunch of great songs. This achievement also makes Robert Lopez (Let It Go songwriter) officialy an EGOT (Emmy Grammy Oscar Tony) winner. Wow! That’s really cool, right?! It’s hard finding an EGOT now, since Whoopi Goldberg. LOL.


In the other hand, Gravity brought the most Oscar home. This movie is super cool, so no wonder, right? Gravity won Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Original Score, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Visual Effects and BEST DIRECTOR! WOOOW, JUST WOOOW! You seriously have to watch this, because you will be like… “oh right, it’s obvious it won the most Oscar”. You can’t doubt Alfonso Cuaron and his team. One of the best movies ever!


The Great Gatsby won Best Production Design and Best Costume Design. It’s obvi. The most majestic movie all time. Just, no wonder if we take a look back at all the Baz Luhrmann’s movies, you just know that they will win the Oscars for those two categories.


12 Years A Slave won Best Adapted Screenplay and BEST PICTURE. Honestly, I didn’t see it coming. I thought Terrence Winter would win the Best Adapted Screenplay and Gravity would win the Best Picture. Turns out, my prediction was wrong. I really should unpause my 12 Years A Slave. I know it’s not fair to pause a movie after Benedict Cumberbatch’s part ended. (Sorry, I will get back to it).


And the last…. HER won BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY. Congratulations Spike Jonze! You really deserve it. I knew Spike Jonze will bring Oscar home, because Her is a unique movie that represents our possible future in this planet. Spike Jonze always think outside the box. Love it very much!


So, that pretty much sums up my thought about Oscar 2014 winners. How about you? Did your Oscar predictions are right? Please share your thoughts; I’d love to listen to it!

Congratulations for the winners! You all really deserve that!

One more thing, I still want to watch Leo holding the Oscar statue. #SadLeo #NotNowLeo #YouWillLeo.


NO! It'd be mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment