Feb 28, 2014

Short Term 12: A Flawless Movie




My first reaction when I halfway watched Short Term 12 was… damnit, this movie is so powerful and stylish. To me Short Term 12 was a simple movie which had an ordinary theme but somehow Destin Cretton managed to make this movie so beautiful and interesting. Mr. Cretton also wrote the screenplay amazingly. The dialogues he threw to us were witty and ironic but somehow super beautiful. The main character, Grace played by Brie Larson was a tough protagonist. You’d love her guts and you’d always root for her. I even amazed by Kaitlyn Dever, turns out this Last Man Standing star is capable of portraying a troubled teenager who struggled with child abuse.




I don’t know what to say about this movie other than flawless and perfectly beautiful. You would find the shots and the compositions in this movie were pretty amazing too. I also love the soft color Mr. Cretton made in this movie. It’s like he was talking about child abuse in this movie but he gave the viewers a bright pastel color just to kept the viewers warm. Also, you gotta love the slow motion ending shot. Damn it was perfect! I’m glad Mr. Cretton ended this movie with slow motion shot because the moment he made in the ending was priceless. This movie is perfect, both the narrative and the style. The actors are trained too. You wouldn’t be disappointed, even though they are not some Hollywood superstars like Meryl Streep.




I give this movie 5 out 5!!! Seriously I don’t outrank this movie. You really should watch it because it's great, flawless and powerful. I have like more than 10 reasons why you have to watch this movie. It’s very recommended and it has John Gallagher Jr. in it (fangirl alert).



Hi there Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment