Feb 23, 2014

Blue Jasmine



Blue Jasmine might have an ordinary story. I mean, everyone could come up with that idea (I’m sorry Woody Allen) but what makes this movie’s powerful was Cate Blanchett’s performance. Being a New York socialite who went bankrupt and really tried hard to get back on her feet was a challenge, but Cate Blanchett succeed portraying this character, Jasmine. I could really feel how she tried hardly to survive and adapt her new life in San Fransisco. Eventhought she suffered but she was still well-dressed. You know, she could be the new icon for women that we could still be cute eventhought in the inside we just want to kill ourselves because of the problems we have. It’s an ecouragement for many women out there. I adore Woody Allen though because he came up with an idea like this.




Also, you just can’t doubt Cate Blanchett’s performance. She was convincing! You could really connect with her character and it moved the story, since the story centered in her life. She deserves those Golden Globe for best actress this year, because she is! And I love how Woody Allen being Woody Allen, this movie is so typical Woody Allen. The classic opening theme and the classic music background that made you feel you were watching a classic movie in this era is priceless. Please don’t stop doing this, Woody Allen because nothing beats the classic!!




I give this movie like 3 out of 5. But for the Jasmine’s wardrobe I could give 100 out of 100. I just love it so much how well-dressed she is. She really got class!



No comments:

Post a Comment