Feb 26, 2014

River's First And Last Oscar Nomination



So I decided to continue watching Running On Empty after I paused it for weeks. It was the time that I felt regret because how could I be such a fool and paused a movie that good for weeks. Running On Empty might seem a little bit slow and boring at first, also I sort of thought that the story was too fictional to happened in real life. Like how the hell a fugitive family could survive and was on the run for years? And we're talking about American FBI on the hunt. But, please if you had the same thought as me, hold on a second and keep watching because good thing happens for those who wait (in this case). Sidney Lumet gave you the most touching and beautiful ending ever. You’re gonna have a sobfest. It was just like, I was glad I watched this movie until the end.




And I have to be honest with you, I watched this movie because I’m madly in love with River Phoenix (yeah, again). Running On Empty was the one which made River nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the Academy Awards (he was 19 back then). It was his first and last Academy Awards nomination, eventhough it was sad but I was glad that The Academy reconigzed his acting performance in his early age. His performance in Running On Empty might seemed kinda ordinary at first, but it would be spectacular when we reached to the ending. I don’t know, he seemed so powerful and he just being Danny Pope. He just blended in like he was the real Danny Pope, and that was when I get a real sobfest. I was in an awestruck with River at the last minute of the movie. He did a really good job, no wonder he was a teen heartrob back then.




Another most interesting part in this movie was the scoring, I mean the piano scoring. It was so peaceful and made you went with the mood Sidney Lumet intended to make. The piano scoring was always there and it made your ears used to it and automatically fell in love with it. If anynone knew where I could download it, please tell me. And for the last, I give Running On Empty 3.5 out of 5. I don’t know, I like the movie, but it made me pause the movie for weeks because it was boring at first. It was recommended, though if you are looking for a family drama-sobfest kinda movie.

One last thing...
Look how cute they were as a family (Martha Plimpton was River's Girlfriend both in the movie and real life that time. They were so cute together!)


No comments:

Post a Comment