Apr 23, 2014

Postcards From The Zoo



I’ve wanted to watch Postcards From The Zoo (Kebun Binatang) for a really long time ago. I’m automatically falling in love with Edwin since I watched his praktika’s film, Kara Anak Sebatang Kara. And two weeks ago Kineforum held a movie screening, mostly they screened the movies from Babi Buta Film Production and Postcards From The Zoo was there! I was like yay! J




So, the story is very simple, about a girl who wanted to touch a Giraffe’s stomach so badly since she was a kid. But Edwin took us to that main goal in the movie very interestingly. I mean, he took us everywhere but you wouldn’t complain about it, because you’d just enjoy it so much. The uniqueness of this movie became its power. Ladya Chery delievered such a class act, she really blended in with Lana, the character she portrayed. As a zookeeper, Lana had to be close with the animals, and Ladya Cheryl gave it to us, she was in a cage with a tiger and feeding a mother and baby hippos. How awesome it was! I always loved her performace since Fiksi. Edwin sucessfully making the viewers enjoy this unique film so much, eventhough you’d think some of the things were weird, but you’d just love it.




I gave 3.5 out of 5 for Postcards From The Zoo. It was a really good movie, and I think Indonesian directors should make this kinda movie instead those crappy horror movies. Seriously? We live in 2014, ghosts are not the only thing that exicte the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment