Apr 15, 2014

Well, It's Not The Hunger Games


I actually watched Divergent like two weeks ago. I didn't want to watch it at first, because I wasn't interested in that movie. I thought it was just a movie which follow the nowadays hype. when people love The Hunger Games, they made Divergent. I actually like Shailene Woodley, I think that girl is cool. I admire so much her performance in The Spectacular Now. So, I guess it worth my time, at least I could see Shailene and Kate Winslet's performances if the movie were really dull.

But, no. Not really. Divergent isn't like The Hunger Games at all. Maybe people said so, because in Divergent they also divided people into 5 factions, like the districts in The Hunger Games. But, the story is quite different and not really bad. it's intriguing and interesting to follow. The protagonist was lovable too, I mean, Tris, portrayed by Ms. Woodley came from this unnoticed faction and now she becomes a strong person. You'll be rooting for her big time, eventhough she's not Katniss Everdeen, but you'll love her.




The only thing that makes me bored was the overlong duration. I don't know, Neil Burger probably wants us to see the details of the book when he made it into a movie, but I think he can shorten it. I mean, this book isn't Lord of The Rings: Return of The King when people are okay with its long duration, but Divergent? seriously, he could end it faster and I think it's going to be better if he ended it faster than that. 




So, my verdict is Divergent deserves 3 out of 5 points :) it's entertaining and fun. It even makes your heart races. If you like The Hunger Games, Divergent is worth to try.

2 comments: