Jan 20, 2014

A Bizarre Love Story


I was really impressed when I saw Mood Indigo (L'écume des jours). It’s been a long time since Eternal Sunshine Of Sportless Mind, finally I watched Michel Gondry’s work again. The French director came up with a new movie, still about a kind-of strange love story.

Set in France. As usual, Gondry showed us a very impressive mise en scene that probably I couldn’t think of. I have to give like 4 thumbs up for the production designer, Stéphane Rosenbaum for designing those colorful yet so bizzare set. Also, Rosenbaum’s set design wouldn’t be real if the Art Director, Pierre Renson wasn’t there. They both are brilliant for making those set happened. I was having more than 5 minutes to adapt the set because I was so impressed by it yet it felt so strange.




Although Gondry tried to make this movie with unique style, I still don't like the story. I was confused where Gondry's gonna take me. Or maybe it's just me who don't like this kind of idea and his story telling. Still worth to watch, though. You're gonna be amazed with the set and the props. Enchanting!




I’d give 4 thumbs up for the mise en scene and impressed by it, but the story? No, I don’t like it. It' was confusing and gave me a light headache. As much as I love this movie mise en scene, I won’t watch it for the second time. It’s a good movie to watch once, because once is enough. My rating for this movie is 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment