Jan 15, 2014

A Whole New Way To Tell A Childhood Romance


Attention, in my first post I'm gonna tell you how Moonrise Kingdom made me love Wes Anderson so much!

To be honest, I've only watched Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox before this, but I'm in love with him officially after I watched Moonrise Kingdom. Wes Anderson coddle your eyes with beautiful mise en scene. And I feel the composition, the pastel colors and the props are in harmony, naturally fit in the movie. it's like watching a whole new tiny world, it stuck in your head for months and you just want to fuck off your big city and move there.




And the story is unique, it really is a whole new way to tell a childhood romance. I always like any movie with this theme, because it shows children's innonce and their love desire, it's crossed and you just want to laugh and cry at the same time. but Moonrise Kingdom take me to a whole new level, Wes Anderson make this character, Sam, explore what really is a sex and love desire. I think, he got mixed up and he thought that if you love someone you have to french kissed her. cute, right?




Besides Sam and his love story, I really love Scout Master Ward and his Khaki Scouts. Their relationship is indescribable! Edward Norton is great in every of his performance, and the Khaki Scouts are adorable. Turns out the scout brotherhood is really strong, although they hate Sam but they still find a way to help Sam. 



So, if I have to rate this film I'm gonna give this 4 out of 5. yeah but I don't really like ratings, because you can love any movie and you just don't give a shit about its low rating. but since I'm gonna review movies that I've watched so, I'm gonna give them my subjective rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment