Jan 19, 2014

The F1 Rivalry


If I had to pick which the best movie in year 2013, I'd pick Rush. In fact, IT IS THE BEST MOVIE in 2013. Ron Howard really did a great job picturing this two F1 legends, Niki Lauda and James Hunt.




Everyone in the 80's knew about Niki Lauda and James Hunt's rivalry in the circuit. They are phenomenal. Ron Howard beautifully retell the story to us in the 2013 with amazing narrative and style. This movie was grey, you just can't choose side with one of them.




When I watch this movie, I kept guessing if one of them was going to have an accident and died in the circuit (I'm not an F1 fan) because Ron Howard took me to a new level of suspense. I really enjoyed it. Rush is not one of the movie you can guess the ending. And the atmosphere Ron built between Niki and James was fantastic. I know they hate each other but they respect each other, they compete fairly. This movie feels so humane because it's based on a real story.

Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl's performances are great. It's like I was watching Niki and James in real life. They both are convincing. I recall watched a YouTube video, the real Niki Lauda gave Daniel a hard time when they were in pre production but in the end Niki satisfied with Daniel's performance. Well so do I, this movie makes me fall in love with Daniel Bruhl!

I give 5 out of 5 to Rush! It's a recommended movie. You really have to see this and automatically you would love F1 and want to know what really is happening outside the circuit.


No comments:

Post a Comment