Jan 25, 2014

It's a Heaven On Earth!


OH MY GOD! I just watched The Wolf Of Wallstreet and it was the three hours I most enjoy. Jordan Belfort was crazy to death! I’m glad Scorsese picked him and made this motion picture about this wolf from Wallstreet. I mean, Scorsese was brilliant for chosing George Melies two years ago and made a movie about him, I respect George Melies so much, but Belfort? He was amaze-balls! His life was a fucking dream, heaven on Earth!


Jordan Belfort really had an interesting life and it was fun watching a movie about his previous life, how he fought so hard to build a company on Wall Street and what he becomes now. The screenplay was written very carefully. Eventhough I spent 3 hours watching a movie about one man, I wasn’t bored. Terrence Winter, the screenwriter, successfully adapted the book. He gave the right time for the key turning point in every act. And Scorsese? He was the best! I love the style. I love how he just changed the aspect ratio when the fuck he wanted to change. But, no, I know he had reasons and you need to watch it to know.


Leo DiCaprio really did a great job. He was impressive. Seriously, he deserves an Oscar for this. He was really convincing and funny! He blended in with this Jordan Belfort character, eventhought he did a very bad deed, you’re just gonna rooting for him because he was so lovable! Jonah Hill also great picturing the sidekick. He was funny and very Jonah Hill, so he just fit in the character because it was just like picturing himself. The characters are funny and lovely and have unique characteristics.


My verdict: 4.5 out of 5! Yaaay! Congratulations The Wolf Of Wallstreet for the Academy Awards nominations (best picture, director, actor, supporting actor and adapted screenplay). This movie really deserves it! I wish Leo would win this time. But, for the director, supporting actor and adapted screenplay, I don’t know, their rivals are good too. So, just cross my fingers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment