Jan 18, 2014

Another American Heroic Movie


I watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit this weekend. My first reaction when I saw this movie in IMDB's coming soon, I was like.. yay I'm gonna see Chris Pine in the big screen again! (I'm a total Pine Nuts) but, sorry, even Chris Pine can't save this movie.




This movie is a total crap! Hollywood should reduce any kind of movie with this theme. It's about a hero who didn't care about his life, he just wanted to save the people from danger. I know, it is a protagonist's job to move the main plot. But, seriously, I am tired of this kind of protagonist. This movie has every stereotype of American heroic movie. Obviously, the main plot of other american heroic movie is the main character tried to save America from evil terrorists, usually it's Russia or some country in the Middle East who tried to bomb some building in Washington or New York (so predictable) and Jack Ryan has THE EXACT SAME PLOT. Once again, Russia had to be the evil terrorist who tried to bomb the whole Wall Street to drop the USD value. Yeah approximately. I didn't really notice because I was asleep halfway.




Another stereotype was there was a scene when Jack Ryan drove a super fast car to chase the terrorist. I mean, aren't you bored with this kind of scene? it's like this scene is a must for a heroic movie. They had to show that the protagonist could drive this car without looking anywhere and he got the direction from someone that wasn't there, they communicated via that little thing the protagonist wore in his right ear. Seriously, I'm exhausted with this kind of scene and Jack Ryan used this scene to show off that this protagonist is great, he's willing to sacrifice his life just to save people.




The character is dull. it's like Jack Ryan's back story didn't complete. The screenwriter should have a long list of Jack Ryan's back story, like what's he allergic to, what's his weakness. Because, the viewers can't indentify to the protagonist or Jack Ryan because his lack of back story. Everything just went too fast and suddenly he's the CIA who tried to save the world. I mean, come on, the movie title is Jack Ryan, at least the viewers has to know him a little bit more. I think the introduction or the opening is too fast, I still tried to connect with him but they've already entered the problem.

I rate for this movie 0.8 out of 5. I was about to give this 0.5 out of 5, but I'm still a Pine Nuts so I'm being kind now :)

2 comments: