Jan 20, 2014

Unrequited Love, Sycamore Tree and Eggs!



Rob Reiner came back with a story about children and their problems. Flipped may be one of my favorites young romantic movie. I always love children and love story theme, because of their innocence and honesty (like I told you in the previous post).




This movie has an unique story telling. Both of the main characters narrated the story, so the viewers could see this movie from two different point of views. I personally more relate when Juli Baker (the girl) narrated. As a girl, I could feel how she grew up through different experineces and processes. The main three things which changed Juli are her unrequited love with Bryce, The Sycamore Tree and The Eggs. Every little girl should watch this movie, because it has really good messages about love and life at young age.




Bryce's point of view was interesting too. Finally, Rob Reiner gave me a clear visual about a young boy's feeling when a girl had a crush on him. If he hated it, well, he really hate it! Girls are planted by their mother that if a boy didn't want to be near her, probably he was just shy. Well, it's not, that means he really doesn't like it! Bryce's grown up process is a little bit different than Juli. The main three things that changed his feeling about Juli are The Eggs, His insult to Juli about her garden and Sycamore Tree. You have to watch the movie to find out what's the link between them and those things.




I love this movie's narrative. It's simple and unique. Rob Reiner secretly gave you so many message about love and life. I give this movie 4 out of 5. Thank you Rob Reiner for making this movie, I am totally impressed. I even watched this movie for like 4 times :p

No comments:

Post a Comment