Jan 21, 2014

Stand By Me


Touching. Maybe it’s the right word to describe Stand By Me. A 1986 comedy-drama movie directed by Rob Reiner. I don’t know what to say, you should just watch it yourself. This movie is a whole package. Rob Reiner gave you a good story, good characters, good talents and good enough style for a drama movie. What else do you need? You’re gonna cry like a little baby when this movie ends, you will. Rob Reiner is really an expert of making people cry!

I love how Rob Reiner made those little boys had their own characteristics. I love the chemistry between Gordy and Chris. If I’m gonna be a mother someday I wish my son had a best friend like Chris. He was just the best, his character was so lovable. Young River Phoenix was so talented! (I wish he was still alive now L ). Those little boys naturally fit the character and they threw some cute and witty jokes that made them so lovable, eventhough at first you thought they were just four brats. And I love how this movie slowly touched your soul without being so mellow. It just happened naturally without being forced. This movie is an example of a perfect drama movie.



Also, who could resist young Wil Wheaton and River Phoenix? And for those of you who making fun of John Cusack, just watch this movie, he was really cute. I don’t know what’s wrong with him now, He looks creepy. Oh, I forgot about Kiefer Sutherland. Yeah he was good looking and he is still now.


My verdict: 4.5 out of 5. Rob Reiner is just the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment