Jan 16, 2014

Pee Mak

If I say Thailand Folklore, you must think about ghost and other Thailand horror story? (if you're not then it's just me) this movie Pee Mak Phrakanong directed by Banjong Pisanthanakun will crack your stomach. you're gonna laugh your ass off because of the jokes the characters told.


I quite like this movie, it's so light and super funny. set in mid 19th century war in Thailand. I think Pee Mak is one of Thai successful comedy film. The jokes are light but makes you want to laugh so loud. Mr. Pisanthanakun succeed to make best Thai comedy after Bangkok Traffic Love Story. I've never laughed this hard when watching any comedy movie. Although the screenwriter made the best jokes ever but they really make the audiences bored. the duration is too long and the ending is so weird and boring.




Mario Maurer's performance was mediocre. He did not try at all. I hate his character, it's dull. This movie saved by his sidekicks and the jokes. I know Mario is supposed to be the main character but I think a protagonist shouldn't be that weak. It's disturbing.

Is it worth to watch? it is, but only when you have a really bad day and need some refreshments. rate: 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment